Tuesday, October 29, 2013

GOD Told Me To Preach but I became a robber instead- 50-Year-Old Robber


photo
The father of one who graduated from stealing to armed robbery was almost lynched to death in Ondo town, Ondo State, by an irate mob on October 8, when he snatched a motorcycle from its rider at gunpoint at about 1p.m. in broad daylight.
Police sources informed Crime Reports that Makinde dispossessed his victim, one Omoniyi, of his Hajue motorcycle with registration number FST 803 QB after he pretended to be a passenger. His victim reportedly raised the alarm which led to the pursuit of the suspect until he was caught. A cut-to-size locally-made gun which Makinde used in attacking his victim was also recovered from him.
It was further gathered that the when the state’s Special Anti-Robbery Squad went to search the suspect’s house, two other locally-made single barrel guns with 12 rounds of live cartridges were recovered. Makinde had told the police that one Clement Francis sold the cartdridges to him while one Oluwasegun Timothy helped him to purchase two guns for N44,000. He also said the third gun was given to him by one Musa Ibrahim.
While speaking with Crime Reports, Makinde confessed to the crime, and revealed that it was not his first time. He, however, attributed his bad deeds to the fact that he refused to heed the call of God to evangelical call.
“A friend of mine, Timothy, helped me in getting two of the guns that were recovered from me.  I paid N22,000 for each. The third gun I was using was given to me by one Musa who asked me to go and get him an okada.
“I stole one okada each in July and August. I saw those ones along farm road. I snatched the third one on October 8 at gunpoint.
“A friend of mine, Abdul, who was also into stealing motorcycles, introduced Musa to me as a buyer but I sold the first two to one Wasiu. He paid N100,000 for them. I have gone with Timothy to his boss’ house before to rob and we got N100,000 which we shared equally. I stole one tonne of cocoa from my mother which I packed into 16 bags and sold at N23,000 each. I started smoking cannabis sativa in 2005.
“I regret what I have been doing because I was supposed to be preaching the gospel of Jesus but I have been running from it. I have turned into an object of shame to my family because of my criminal tendencies. I was not arrested by man but God. Now I am ready to carry my cross and follow Jesus.”
Timothy (34) from Kogi State denied belonging to Makinde’s gang but said he helped him to get two single barrel guns from one Segun who is also a hunter. “Makinde told me he wanted to use the guns for hunting.  I also helped him to pack cocoa seeds from his mother’s house at a time and he gave me N50,000 though I know that what he gave me was more than what I did.
I did not know he stole the cocoa seeds.”
Another suspect, Francis Clement who sold two packs of cartridges to Timothy said he was told that they were meant for hunting.
Musa Ibrahim also denied giving Makinde a gun.
However, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Wole Ogodo, said that the suspects had all been charged to court after completion of investigation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hae Stop!!! Dont Just Read and Walk Away. Drop A Comment