Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Will.i.am reveals how he 'died' drowning in swimming pool then was resuscitated

He didn’t listen to his mum’s advice when he was younger and he decided to take a quick dip in a pool, despite not being able to swim

Will.i.am: Or should that be Will.i.was?
Will.i.am: Or should that be Will.i.was?
David Venni
I have some good news and some sad news.
The sad news is that Will.i.am died. But, panic not. The good news is... he came back to life.
The 38-year-old Voice star didn’t listen to his mum’s advice when he was younger and he decided to take a quick dip in a pool, despite not being able to swim.
And proving that mother really does know best, little Will ended up drowning and had to be resuscitated.
So his dear ol’ ma, Debra, probably wasn’t feeling too much like gloating.
Will explains: “I was like, ‘Ma, can I go swimming?’ She was like ‘no, boy, you ain’t going in no swimming pool’.
“So my mom said no but I did the opposite. I’ve never been in a swimming pool and so I don’t know the difference between 3ft and 9ft – I’m thinking that everything is at the height that I’m at.
"So I’m walking and I start sinking and then I drown. I’m under water for about three or four minutes.”
Fortunately, a quick-thinking friend was on hand to revive Will but it was almost too late.
He continues, in a very matter of fact way: “They gave me mouth to mouth and then I’m, like, dead. And then I come back.”
Phew. Or we would never have had the chance to hear that Time Of My Life cover he did with Black Eyed Peas.
Will goes on: “They took me to hospital and I’m in there for about a week or something. I almost lost my life.
"I did lose my life but when I came to and I was in the hospital… to see the worry on my mom and my uncle’s faces...
“And just the reminder of, like, don’t do things that you know you shouldn’t be doing.
“I shouldn’t have been swimming because I never knew how to swim.”
Will, who has seven Grammys and 33 million album sales, looks set to return for a third season on BBC reality show The Voice this year.
It is not known if Tom Jones will also return but fellow judges Jessie J and The Script singer Danny O’Donoghue have quit the programme after two seasons.

Source: DailyMirror

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hae Stop!!! Dont Just Read and Walk Away. Drop A Comment