Saturday, November 30, 2013

Crushed by a cow, chased out of hospital, bedridden for 10 yrs

An escaped but wild cow changed the destiny of Daniel Emori, 31, when it knocked him down leaving him with permanent disability. Like a bonnet of a fast moving car, the animal came full at him with its bawling sound throwing him on his back on the concrete track; and by the time the cow finished and strayed away, Emori became immovable.

The unlucky young man, a native of Adadama community in Abi Local Government Area in Cross River State who had just started a job as a delivery van driver in one pharmaceutical company was rushed to the hospital but was later turned back for his inability to pay the required hospital emergency fee.
*Daniel Emori
*Daniel Emori
Ten years after, Emori is not only atrophied, his condition is getting worse as he has since not been able to access medical attention as a result of poverty.
“It was after my SSCE in year 2000 I traveled to Onitsha, Anambra State in search of greener pasture. I was employed in Peter E. Venture Plastic Company as a Machine Operator where I worked for two years and went for a 6-month driving training at Fegge Driving Trainning Field. After the training, I was employed by Ricol Pharmaceutical Company as a Delivery Van Driver. That fateful day which was 10th of October 2003, as I went to work that morning, our manager called me and told me that a customer had just paid for a large quantity of goods, that we should load and go straight to deliver the goods before going any other place.”
“So, on getting there, we did not meet the said customer and it was on our way back after we waited for more than three hours that a close-by customer pleaded that we deliver the goods to her instead of taking the goods back. I parked out of the road and jumped down from the vehicle but unfortunately I was immediately knocked down by a stray cow which came from God knows where.”
“I became paralyzed till date. I was rushed to a nearby clinic and the next day being Saturday, I was later referred to University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu, where cervical (neck) injury was detected after some series of medical test (scan and x-ray). But after all efforts at providing the hospital emergency fee of N75,000 before any treatment failed, I was rejected and sent back home.”
“Since then I have been critically lying at home helpless and disable with part of my joints now stiff due to constant lying down on my sick-bed. I can’t sit, I can’t work and I can’t access medical attention. I have written to both my local and state government but all to no avail. That is why I decided to use this medium to seek support from Nigerians.”
On his parents, Emori said he lost his father a few years after the incidence as a result of the overwheming health condition. “My health condition contributed to my father’s death in June 2009.” My mother who is an ordinary village farmer cannot afford the money for my drugs let alone paying my hospital bills. My siblings who could have assisted are not working.”
Emori who was not very coherent while speaking with Saturday Vanguard pleaded: “please sir, try include my contact details for people who may wish to assist me.”
Emori can be reached on 07031655209, 08086387108. Bank details: 0062253610 Edu Blessing Benjamin, EcoBank.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hae Stop!!! Dont Just Read and Walk Away. Drop A Comment