Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Angelina Jolie undergoes double mastectomy!!



Sultry actress, Angelina Jolie shocked the world when she announced in a New York op-ed article that she recently underwent a preventive double masectomy. Masectomy is the surgical partial or total removal of breasts. Jolie said she had to do it after learning that she carried the BRCA1 gene which would increase her risks of ovarian and breast cancer. Jolie’s mother Marcheline Bertrand died of breast cancer in 2007 at the age of 56.
In her words:
“My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman,” Jolie wrote. “Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hae Stop!!! Dont Just Read and Walk Away. Drop A Comment