Thursday, January 3, 2013

Transfers: Liverpool Signs Striker, Daniel Sturridge From Chelsea

Daniel Sturridge says he is “humbled and happy” after formally completing his move from Chelsea to Liverpool.

Liverpool, who had been in talks with the 23-year-old’s representatives during December, confirmed the striker had signed a long-term contract. The transfer fee is understood to be inthe region of £12m.

Sturridge told Liverpool’s website: “I am humbled and happy to be here. Brendan Rodgers said he sees me here for a long time, and I also see myself here for a long time. I’ve not signed here to play for a couple of years and then move on.

“I’ve signed to be here for as long as possible. It’s a humongous club – for me, one of the biggest in the world – and to have the fans and world-class players we have here is amazing.”

Sturridge also said he looked forward to playing alongside Luis Suárez. “To have him as a teammateis great. He’s a very good player, very talented and rated as a one of the best players in attacking positions in the world right now. It’s good to be part of a team with him in and I’m surewe’ll be able to play well together.

“With Luis, Raheem [Sterling] and the other players that are here, it’s going to be great for myself and I’m sure we’ll connect well together. We all have similar attributes, so hopefully we’ll be able to create a few nightmares for defenders.”

Chelsea are set to replace Sturridge with Newcastle’s Demba Ba after being given permission to open talks with the Senegal striker.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hae Stop!!! Dont Just Read and Walk Away. Drop A Comment